Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's about time

Well today was the second day running with my new Saucony Kinvaras. Super lightweight and I hope to use them along with my awesome Adidas Adizeros for training. Indiana Running Company group run tonight which turned out to be Oscar and myself. Went to XC course for some hills. I never do enough hill training despite the fact that I always feel great afterward and usually race well shortly after. Oliver Winery trail run this Saturday. I am not fond of racing anywhere other than the roads but I think it should be fun. When you are addicted to the Mag 7 points it is difficult to pass on a series race.
The Towpath Marathon/Half is fast approaching in October and I need to do some more Griffy runs to prepare. Not too worried about speedwork as the 5k training and racing should be enough. My goal is to be faster than my first half in Sarasota, FL back in March(1:20:27). If weather is cool I feel pretty confident that I can PR. I am back in the groove at school now and feel less exhausted each day during my runs. For the first two weeks I was worried I was losing my edge. My training seems to work best when I do:
Sun-long run usually Griffy 10-12 miles
Mon-easy run 6-7 miles
Tues-track/speed 8 miles
Wed-easy run 6-7 miles
Thurs-tempo/hills or ? 6-8 miles
Fri-day off or 4-6 miles easy
Sat-race 8-10 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment