Sunday, January 1, 2012

An exciting start

Day 1 of a new year and lots on my mind. The last 2 weeks have been very exciting for me. Vacation from work has been most needed. New office at work but ready to do something different I think. More on that in the future I hope. Amanda and I got married Dec. 22! Reception was great. Great friends to celebrate with. Love Oliver Moscato wine too. Looking forward to spring break honeymoon and hopefully racing in Sarasota. The Achilles has been good most days, I have ran some good workouts lately. Still out of shape but soon that will change. Achilles sore today??? Maybe too much "dancing" last night.
New year usually means time to reflect and make plans. My mind has been racing with thoughts of running plans, thoughts of moving to St. Augustine in near future. This of course means retiring early from my school job. Life is too short to worry daily, stress too much and feel such disrespect. I am worth better. I am picturing the sun and sand and a healed Achilles along with Amanda and I sitting on our front porch enjoying 80 degree weather and a quiet, relaxing life together. We even looked at houses online today! Way ahead of ourselves but I want this momentum to continue. Wouldn't this house be perfect?



I hope this year brings me a healthy and fit body. I want to try some longer races. 5k's are fun but racing them every weekend has caused this soon to be 49 year old body too many aches and pains. Pains that don't want to go away! I would love to enjoy my job more but I have serious doubts that is likely. This year will be a year to get many things in order and in their proper perspective. I REALLY want this to happen. My mental, physical and spiritual health depend on it.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, congratulations on getting married! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on your marriage...It was the greatest thing that ever happened to me until I was severely tested on the "sickness or health" part of the vow.
    Everyone says that "oh that would be no problem with me and blah, blah, but I can tell you that if your spouse ever comes down with a life thretening, savings draining illness, there will be moments when a plane ticket to Rio is lookin' pretty good.
    Then you get ahold of yourself and go another day.
    Keep hammerin....I wish we had something like the MAG7 in the Mesa area...I can't afford to come home this summer to live (snowbird) but hopefully, I can hit BC/XC and Limestone...we overspent on a Mesa home and this brain cancer/dementia stuff is getting more and more costly...
    Hey, hope to see you blog more....

    ReplyDelete